Thursday, November 5, 2009

Loving the Landscape!

Hello Fellow Bloggers....

So it's been a while since I've blogged properly! School has been crazy busy and I've been feeling so run down lately blogging hasn't even entered my mind!
So I'm taking some time out now to share some images I took on Thanksgiving weekend.

My family and I went to Elkhorn Resort at Riding Mountain, a few hours drive from Winnipeg for the weekend, and we had the weirdest weather ever! It was Autumn, and all the trees had the lovely autumnal colours in their leaves etc, but we had a weird snow dump which covered everything in a white layer!! It was really weird for me seeing all the snow, but yet still having all the leaves on the trees etc. It looked really nice and of course my camera was permanently fixed around my neck all weekend!

I would get up in the mornings while we were away, wrap up in warm clothes and go out walking on my own for a while before breakfast, where the morning light was just gorgeous for shooting! i think most of my favourite shots from the weekend were from those morning shoots. Here are some of the ones i've worked on that I am really pleased with!
I must admit, landscapes aren't usually my favourite thing to shoot, however, I had a lot of fun shooting the scenery over Thanksgiving and am really pleased with the outcome after playing around with them in Lightroom!

Enjoy...!












Katy
xxx

2 comments:

  1. i really like the third photo! very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third one down is amazing! Well done. Im jelous!

    I went London last week and got some good night time snaps and going back 2moz all night to get more, check out my blog and comment if you can!

    Probs for that photo :D

    ReplyDelete