Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009...Hello 2010

DT13.2 Blogging Non-School Related Photos

So Christmas break is over and what a great break it has been!! After a crazy few months of photography school I think I got to the point where I needed a break! Not that the photography stopped of course... oh no, lots of assignments have kept me busy in that department! 
But asides from all the assignment shooting, what else have I been up to you ask?! Well, I'll tell you... not a lot! lol! 

I genuinely have been just taking it easy and chilling out at home a lot of the time (oh, when I haven't been at work earning some cash!). 
I haven't been a complete hermit however, and I have dragged out into the cold, blistering Winnipeg weather a few times. 

The first couple of images I'd like to share with you are from a shoot that I done with my sister and her boyfriend, (who has been over from England visiting). Now, my sister wanted some cute/cool couple shots of them, so off we trotted to The Forks where we wandered around, played in the snow and I, as usual, snapped away! Here are 2 of my favourite couple shots:

Harriet and Stuart

Harriet and Stuart

Another snow day that I endured, was with my family and some family friends, tobogganing down a hill!! Now, I was so busy shooting, I only went down the hill once myself, however, I was having great fun watching everyone else! My dad in particular was hilarious, suddenly he was 10 years old and sliding face first on his belly on the sled down the hill! haha! Next thing I knew, someone else was jumping on his back and 2 of them were sliding face first down the snowy hill! The other highlight of the day, again presented to me by my dad, was when he tried to push my sister down the hill, but managed to get his foot caught on the rope of the sled and he tripped backwards and landed on his back in a heap on the floor! I actually think I almost peed myself with laughter whilst trying to get an 'in focus' shot of the event! haha! dont worry though, I didn't pee myself! lol! Anyway, it was a right laugh and here are some of my fave shots from the day:

Tammy about to push my dad face first down the hill in a race again Shawn on the yellow sled.

My Mum and Dad, in fits of laughter might I add!

My Dad on the floor after he fell over haha - is it mean to laugh?!! 


The main event of the holidays... CHRISTMAS DAY itself!! 
My Christmas day was spent at home with the family, there were 7 of us in total, Me, my boyfriend Liam, Mum, Dad, Sister Harriet, Sister's boyfriend Stuart and Catherine, a Chinese student who is living with us in a 'home-stay' while she is studying at the U of M. It was Catherine's first ever Christmas, as they don't celebrate it in China so it was good fun being able to exchange gifts with her and enjoy a delicious christmas dinner with her! Hopefully she enjoyed it as much as my family and I did! Here are some of my shots from Christmas Day:

Our lovely Christmas tree


The Family (plus Catherine) - (L-R Dad, Harriet, Stuart, Catherine, Me, Liam, Mum)
I set this up then put on the self timer and had to run around the table without slipping over on the wooden floor to get to my seat before the photo was taken!! A Challenge!!

My yummy Christmas Dinner, Starter course - Prawn Cocktail! - I don't know if this is something that's eaten in Canada, but its my starter every year!!


Oh and finally, how could I almost forget; at the beginning of the break, myself, Laura and Janine went out shooting together. We got in the car and basically just drove, looking for things to shoot. It was typical though that it was like -40degrees with windchill the day we went out! I swear I almost died! We were all wrapped up in our snow suits, basically we looked like we were about to go snowboarding down a mountain! BUT even being wrapped up it was STILL cold!! We were jumping out of the car, taking a few shots, then running back into the car to warm up! Crazy times, but kinda fun still! Here are a couple of shots from our little adventure!:

Laura freezing her backside off setting up her shot!

Janine Posing on the car


All in all, I had great break! I didn't go away anywhere or do much really, but I had fun with my family, regained some energy that I'd burnt during the last few months and worked hard on assignments. All in all, a nice end to 2009!

Welcome, 2010!!!
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment