Friday, January 8, 2010

Dorothy!

'Dorothy' is a series of images I've been working on for a Creative Imaging assignment.
The brief was basically that I had to produce a body of work that had a narrative - a beginning, middle and end. It had to be at least 5 images and it could be anything I liked! Fiction, non-fiction, a recreation of a story... anything!

I chose to base my work on 'The Wizard of Oz'! I have a HUGE love for anything related to the 'Wizard of Oz' so I had a lot of fun shooting this and a lot of ideas! 
It was challenging trying to work in the freezing winnipeg winter temperatures and Janine was a TROOPER modeling for me in the 'outdoors' images! I faced a few challenges and limitations while shooting, so I would love to attempt this series again sometimes, maybe in a warmer month! lol! 

Overall, my version of the story is based on the character of Dorothy, as opposed to being a recreation of the whole story. I wanted to represent Dorothy's experience with the 'witch' alone, and in this instance didn't include the 'scarecrow', 'tin man' or 'cowardly lion' characters. Again, this was due to time, weather and model limitations! I really hope I can work on this series again in order to work on these shots as well.... so watch this space!!!

The Storm
The Wicked Witch is Dead
Follow the Yellow Brick Road
Hello My Pretty
Trapped

Dorothy Escapes
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!
There's No Place Like Home


4 comments: