Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Composition at home

Hey again!

So this week for Sarah's Creative Imaging assignment, we had to take photos in our house... and ONLY in our house... of anything that we wanted that would represent the following:

- Texture
- Shape
- Line
- Pattern or Rhythm
- Shape or Form
- Symmetrical Balance

We could take as many photos as we liked, but we had to have 6 final images representing the above. 
I found this assignment pretty easy in comparison to some of the previous assignments we've been given by Sarah. Maybe this is because she is opening my creative mind with all these assignments and notes she's been giving us, or maybe I just had a nice variety of objects in my house haha! Who knows.
So, just because I found this easier than previous assignments, doesn't mean I found it easy as a whole. It was pretty simple finding things to represent the above, however, trying to create an interesting image for each of them was slightly more tricky! I think I just find it difficult in general to make an interesting image out of a mundane everyday object. Now, this is probably just because I'm more practiced at taking photos of people, rather than inanimate objects, and that is why we have Creative Imaging as a class... in order to enable us to open our minds to this sort of thing... but doesn't mean I don't find it challenging! I guess that's the point though - to challenge us to be creative and make interesting images out of what you wouldn't necessarily think is interesting. I dunno, maybe other people will think my images are creative and interesting, maybe they won't. I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with my outcome, but I am my own biggest critic after all.


Texture

Depth

Line

Pattern

Shape

Symmetrical Balance

Katy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment