Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Black and White Film Fun

Hello again!

Shooting film is a stressful thing for me at the moment - I'm constantly looking at the back of my camera after taking a shot and then realising *ITS NOT DIGITAL, THERE IS NO PREVIEW!* so then I'm worried that *what if my shot doesn't come out!?! what if its not correctly exposed!?! what if, what if, what if!?!*...
... but then, I get the pics developed and Im LOVING them! hehe! 

My assignment this past week for Analogue Techniques was to shoot a roll of black and white film taking into consideration 'simple subject composition'. Overall I'm super happy with the outcome of my shots, considering this is only the second time i've worked with film, so here are a few of my fave shots from the roll:

Laura posing for me, *bigging up* PrairieView with the brochure in hand! hehe.

Hannah posing with camera in hand

the medium format camera in the school reception

Bailey finding it really hard to keep still for me!  and was just interested in the biscuit I had in my hand for him, which I was using to try and bribe him to pose for me lol.

My piano looking shiny and pretty.

Random bike in Assiniboine Park; I thought it looked pretty cool.

The most beautiful Great Dane puppy called Indie. Only 3 months old and already knee height! 

My sister and Bailey sitting in the front garden

My Liam posing for me!

My Liam looking lovely again and letting me shove my camera in his face again! 

Liam and Bailey (but the fidgety dog moved his head as I snapped the shot)

Ornamental plant in the family room that I thought looked pretty cool! I was literally laying on the floor next to it shooting upwards to try and get all the cool lines of the plant.


So yeah, Im pleased with the outcome of my assignment :o)
Let me know what you think! Comments always welcome!!

Katy
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I really like the shot of Hannah, Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jill.
    i liked it too!
    we just snapped it coz i needed 5 more frames and its probs one of my faves :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AT was my fav. class! Just wait till you learn about contrast adjustments, film processing, ooohhh the list is soooo long! Film rules! I love the Black and White! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete