Monday, September 21, 2009

Shoot, shoot shoot!!

Hey peeps,

So we're a couple weeks into school now... I'm really enjoying myself but I don't think I've ever done so much shooting in the space of 2 weeks! Just when I'm getting on top of things, I receive another assignment to keep me on my toes! Not that I'm complaining really! I am enjoying it a lot! But WOW at the stress factor! Im out of my comfort zone of photography at the moment, and as much as I know it's all to help me learn correct techniques and to grow into a bigger and better photographer, I'm still a big stress head at the moment all the same!!
I'm not the only one though, so that's comforting! :o) 

Today in Digital Techniques Gabrielle bombarded us with assignments lol, the first was given to us at about 2ish and it had to be completed by 4pm! At first I read the assignment and thought, *NO WAY am I gonna be able to do that and by 4pm! eeep!* But then when I got into the swing of things and started shooting, it didn't take me as long as I thought it would! 
We had to shoot 40-50 images of ONE shop/building front down Albert Street (a street a couple of blocks up from school) capturing it in as many different ways as possible, considering angles, composition and creativity! Thats one heck of a lot of photos of the front of ONE building! But anyways, I managed to get it done and I don't think I done too shabby a job! 

Here are 2 images from the bunch, that I had a little time to play around with in Lightroom! 
The images we submitted for the assignment had to be unedited, but after I finished, I had a little fiddle around in Lightroom to make them a little more interesting.




Until next time....

Katy
xxx

2 comments:

  1. If you think it's busy now, wait till the Christmas "break" comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ohh i know. my friend was stressing and i was like, we've only been here 2 weeks! haha!
    loving it though! how are you!?

    ReplyDelete