Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DT2.1 Lines Assignment

Hello Fellow Bloggers, Teachers, Friends and Family,

Here is a slideshow of the images that I took for my Digital Techniques, Lines assignment:



I found this task more challenging than I originally thought I would. When you think of lines, you think "oh yeah, there are lines in pretty much everything", which there is; but then I found myself looking at all these different things that made me think of lines and then stopping and thinking, "now how can I shoot this creatively?" That was where the challenge came for me. Also, I started to look at a subject and would interpret lines in it, but then I would think to myself, would OTHER people see lines in the image the way I do? So then I kept second guessing whether or not my ideas would actually fit into the theme of lines. 
An example of this, would be the images of my boyfriends tattoos. I looked at them and immediately saw the outlines as an interpretation of lines, which I thought worked well in an image. Also, the image of half of his face, where he has raised his forehead to see lines in his skin made me immediately stop and say "Wait! Hold that! I see lines!" *snaps the shot*! ...The question now being, would other people interpret these images under the theme of lines in the same way as I do? Well, I guess we will see won't we...


No comments:

Post a Comment